Home Automation Has Arrived In Southern Georgian Bay
Imagine every system in your home – lights, heat, security, music, TV and more – incorporated into one central control. Access it from your phone or tablet, set it up to respond to changes in the room or schedule it for a date and time. And just one contractor designs the system with you, provides and installs the hardware, configures,programs and tests the system then shows you how to use it. And with that one contractor you deal with just one man, so that every nuance of your needs is directly communicated.
That is the elegance of a Homebuttons system, the guarantee of your satisfaction.
Homebuttons can provide and install everything in home security and automation to suit your needs and budget. Using the Alarm.com platform for 24/7 professional monitoring, your home system can be built piece by piece or installed all at once to provide the maximum in convenience, comfort and energy savings.
With such a wide variety of capabilities, if you review this list you can pick out the elements you would want for your own system.
- Around the clock monitoring by professional staff that will contact you and notify first responders in an alarm event
- You can choose to have the system notify you in non-alarm situations.
- The dedicated cell network cannot be disabled by cutting wires.
- Panel immediately notifies monitoring station if it has been damaged, allowing them to alert police.
- Security sensors as required can include door contacts, motion sensors, CO and Smoke detectors, flood sensors and others. Wireless devices eliminate the need for cabling. Device status is monitored by the system so that you are always covered.
- You can create temporary or time-restricted access codes for specific visitors and service providers.
- Smart garage door openers let you know if you left home and forgot to close the garage door. If it is open, you can close it from your phone.
- Smart door locks let you open or close the door from from your phone.
- The system lets you know if you have left home without arming the system, and if so you can opt to do so from your phone.
- Put a sensor on a liquor cabinet or special safe room and be notified without sounding the alarm if the door is opened.
- Use a motion triggered high definition camera to snap photos and send them to your phone.
- View interior and exterior cameras from your phone. Adjust and zoom panning cameras from your phone to optimize the view.
- See and speak to visitors at the front door with a video doorbell.
- Lock or unlock the door with your phone or with coded push buttons.
- Get immediate notification if your sump pump begins to work or if it malfunctions.
- Be notified of temperature drop, power outage, flood, intrusion, while you are far from home.
- Receive a video clip when someone arrives or if the alarm is tripped.
ENERGY SAVINGS AND COMFORT
- Turn lights off and on and adjust levels from your phone
- Use Geofence feature to automatically dim lights and turn down the thermostat when you leave home and turn them back up when you are returning.
- Use system energy monitoring to maximize your energy savings.
- Specifically monitor the energy use of your home entertainment system or other appliances.
- Be instantly notified if someone at home changed the thermostat setting.
- Separately control the lights and environment in each area or in a guest room.
- Correlate your energy use and cost directly to specific loads in order to better manage energy consumption.
- Set goals for energy use and track at any point whether you are ahead or behind
- Control window coverings with your phone, or by the clock and calendar, or in response to temperature changes in the room.
ENTERTAINMENT, COMMUNICATION AND CONVENIENCE
- Play your music playlist through wireless speakers
- Use voice commands to choose music, adjust lights, send messages, search the Internet
- Include your in-ground irrigation into the automation.
- Control and monitor several properties through one account. Ideal for a vacation home or for a small business in addition to your principal residence.
Homebuttons is owned and operated by Bill Monahan, who has been working with home automation since 1998. In the twenty years since then, automation systems and controls have simplified and come down in price. Even more significantly, the technologies have converged so that one platform is sufficient to control everything.
Alarm.com is a US based technology company that provides cloud based services for remote control, home automation and monitoring services through certified dealers like Homebuttons. Communicating via a dedicated cell network, with built-in redundancies through land lines and the Internet, Alarm.com works with hardware providers that are well known in the building industry, including DSC alarms, Axis cameras, Legrand, Phillips, Lutron lighting, Schlage, Yale and Kwikset door locks, Liftmaster garage door openers and more. It also works with water valves and sprinkler controllers
Alarm.com can work with existing security installations and cameras. You can replace light switches, door locks, garage door openers with their “smart” equivalent, or if you are at the design stage of your new home, specify smart devices that can be purchased and installed by your contractor.
Alarm.com has also developed unique devices to take advantage of its capabilities, such as the Image Sensor which detects motion and takes a high resolution snapshot, sending it immediately to your phone.
Alarm.com also interfaces with Amazon Echo and Google Home to allow you to control your system with voice commands.
It works with Carelink Advantage, the ultimate senior care system which is exclusively represented in this area by Homebuttons.
In addition to having every aspect of your home’s systems integrated with the central control, Alarm.com can provide a detailed history of events and it will allow you to customize when and how you are notified of events, even if they are not alarm related. This makes it ideal to let you know when your kids or a service tech arrives, or when a package is delivered to the front door.
Because the system is modular you can start with a small system and add more capabilities over time. And because Alarm.com is constantly innovating, enlarging its partner associations and gaining feedback from users, when new devices come on to the market you can be sure that Alarm.com will quickly find a way to support them.
Homebuttons’ central location in Meaford means that service is always available to the Southern Georgian Bay area.